El artículo An Extensive Guide To Web Form Usability es una excelente guía para mejorar la usabilidad de los formularios web.
En este artículo se indica que los componentes de un formulario son:
- Labels: These tell users what the corresponding input fields mean.
- Input Fields: Input fields enable users to provide feedback. They include text fields, password fields, check boxes, radio buttons, sliders and more.
- Actions: These are links or buttons that, when pressed by the user, perform an action, such as submitting the form.
- Help: This provides assistance on how to fill out the form.
- Messages: Messages give feedback to the user based on their input. They can be positive (such as indicating that the form was submitted successfully) or negative (“The user name you have selected is already taken”).
- Validation: These measures ensure that the data submitted by the user conforms to acceptable parameters.