Como soy coordinador de varios cursos MOOC, a veces me preguntan por su utilidad. En Are certificates from Udemy, edX, and Coursera of any worth? hay una respuesta interesante:
As for me, I searched for this question a lot, I don’t have my own academic experience to give you an accurate answer.
But I actually found a cliché throughout the internet, and I’d like to summarize it; mixing it with my own point of view 😀
- Certificates prove that you’re a life-long learner.
- Certificates show that you have the guts and the determination to start a project yourself triggered by your own motivation.
- Obviously, these certificates will enrich your CV (let’s suppose they didn’t, they wouldn’t do any harm anyway).
- Since the courses are verified and offered by prestigious universities, they have already gained an academic value.
- Finally, wherever there’s money, there’s value (I guess nobody puts that this way :p).
Either way monsieur, I recommend you to go for it, cause it’s a good time investment. And don’t worry about the 50$ -just consider you spared them by being selfish on a date, or you bought a simple polo shirt instead of a fancy Armani one (just imagining) 😀