Please, first of all review following materials you can download by UACloud:
- presentations AP1_chap00, AP2_chap01 and
- template where you can check how to write laboratory reports “Sample_Physics_Lab_Report”.
You should finish second practise related to “Hooke’s law” and submit it as soon as possible by “Evaluation tools“.
PRACTISE 3: MOMENT OF INERTIA OF PLANE SURFACES
NOTE: I will upload practise guide today (in Spanish).
- Build any irregular shape surface which value of the moment of inertia with respect an axis (X or Y) is known.
- Determine its centre of gravity experimentally.
- Write your lab report explaining all processes you did, results in tables and calculations.
- The moment of inertia (with respect rectangular axis X or Y through one side) should be I = 0.010 kg/m^2 with an uncertainty of 10%.
- Area should be composite by three regular areas at least, but not equals, i.e. a rectangle, a triangle and a semicircle but not two triangles and a rectangle.
- Moreover, an empty area will be required in the composite figure (here you can repeat previous shapes).
- EXAMPLES:NOTE: You can do it by group of two people and take into account you must not present the same area, i.e. exactly the same measurements or shapes.